When I specify 2 frames to be side-by-side using racket/gui, I believe I
would have no problem if all my prospective client platform did not have a
vertical Operating System taskbars.
Since I do have such a taskbar I must use code that takes the width of the
taskbar into account.
Since I intend to distribute to others who may have:
a) no vertical taskbar; or
b) a wider vertical taskbar; or
c) multiple vertical taskbars
no single offset can be used and it is outside the scope of the racket/gui
to know what the offset would need to be.
I am currently of the belief that I should refrain from using side-by-side
frames.
The upshot is that I can then no longer use menus either because menus can
only exist in frames and I would need more that the single top-level frame.
Any suggestions?
I am currently thinking I should use the panel-tab with a couple of panels
each containing an editor-canvas and place buttons on these panels instead
of using menus.