On Aug 12, 2021, at 2:52 PM, Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:

> Are we talking menu bar menus or contextual menus?
>
> On macOS the menu bar menu belongs to the application and not a window.

The macOS menu bar is also contextual.  It changes depending on what is
selected in the application.  IIRC, according to Apple's HIG, all items which
appear in contextual menus are supposed to also appear as contextual items in
the application's menu bar.  According to Apple, contextual (right-click) menus
are supposed to only be shortcuts and not something which your application
depends on.  All functions of a program are supposed to be discoverable by
looking through the menu bar.  Contextual items in the menu bar get grayed out,
rather than disappear, so that you know the function exists even if nothing
appropriate is selected at the time.