Dear all,

I tried to compile radiance HEAD 3332 from source (snapshot) on an openSUSE
12.2 64bit box with cmake 2.8.9; gcc 4.7.1, but don't get a working version of
radiance.

As I couldn't find much documentation on the cmake build for radiance and I
haven't used cmake much, It would be good to get some guidance.

Here is what I did:

1. Untar src
/> tar xvf radiance-HEAD-ecd3332.tar.gz

2. change into directory and call cmake
/>cd radiance-HEAD-ecd3332
/>cmake src/

Everything looks good, except for the following warning:
CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
  No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as

    cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)

  should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be lower
  if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For more
  information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

3. Build binaries from source
/>make -i

4. Install
/>make install -i

Following things I noticed:
1. Build fails when not using -i with make, as there are many issues regarding
a missing Version.c file, like:
:
[ 37%] Built target genworm
[ 37%] Generating /src/rt/Version.c
CMake Error: Error processing file:/src/rt/create_version.cmake
make[2]: *** [/src/rt/Version.c] Error 1
make[1]: *** [rt/CMakeFiles/radiance.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

2. There is no build/ directory created when building that holds the resulting
binaries etc.

Questions:
1. Is there anything obvious, I should do differently?
2. How do I install executables etc. to /usr/ rather than /usr/local/ e.g
/usr/bin or /usr/share/radiance/ etc. without patching the sources/cmake files?

Thanks for your help.

Denny