The current cmake build files don't work on my Mac because I have multiple versions of the X11 include and library files on the system. Cmake unpredictably picks files from different versions and fails to build Radiance. On a machine with a clean install and nothing extra, the cmake build files will probably work. On a machine with the wrong history they produce unpredictable results.

I have no idea what behaviors the cmake build files will produce across a broad range of other Unix systems. :-(

I do have an attempt at a solution to the "random X11 pieces on Mac" problem, but it is not complete and not thorougly tested. I never got the libtiff part going on my system. Rob, if you'd like the X11 patches for your distribution, you can have them, but they will have to be tested.

Randolph