Hello everybody,

As it is starting to turn into a new year's tradition, I've just
updated the SCons build system once again.

Good news 1:
With Scons 3.1 (probably since 3.0), despite what the documentation
says, it works very nicely with Python 3.x (3.6 in my case).
After some adaptions from my side, this means that all the Python
code in the Radiance distribution is now compatible with both
Python 2.7 and 3.x.

Good news 2:
Microsoft has fixed their Universal CRT (didn't check in which version).
This means that the line-end-eating bug in pipes is gone, and we can
reliably build Radiance with the current Visual Studio tools again.
I have now completely switched to VS 2017 myself.

Open Issue:
There's a buch of code relating to "out of core octree" building
for Pmap. Most of this compiles fine, except for pmapooc.c, which
is missing some header file includes. Unfortunately, that seems to
be the central cornerstone binding all the others together...
@Roland:
 Can you share some insight whether this is supposed to be working,
 or still a work in progress that I should ignore for the moment?
 Or alternatively, am I doing anything wrong for making it work?

Cheers
-schorsc

--
Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/