Sean Cribbs wrote:
> I also wanted to probe John about the subject of where comments are stored.
> I know there had been previous discussions of how to implement comments on
> the list, and they largely shaped my chosen implementation.  Do you
> think it
> would still be relevant to have a separate Comments model with its own
> admin-UI, or is the stored-as-pages method ok? (i.e. is the method I'm
> using
> good enough to fulfill the goal of "Radiant has comments")

Sean, your method is pretty creative considering the fact that Radiant
doesn't presently give you a way to add stuff the admin interface. I
still favor making comments a separate model object though, and here's
why: Pages have URLs layouts, etc... Comments do not have their own URL
(nor do then need a layout). Comments are data that is associated with
pages, therefore they should not be implemented as pages themselves.

Your method is interesting though, and would prove very useful in
certain circumstances.

--
John Long
http://wiseheartdesign.com