Does anyone else appreciate the ability to re-parent nodes as a great asset for Radiant as a site planning tool (http:// www.sparrowstyle.com/blog/comments/radiant_as_a_site_planning_tool -- not my article, but I agree).

I had used the patch initially and got so annoyed with the cumbersome icons and the unsatisfying "up 1", "down 1" metaphor. It's a set along the way and I'm sure many have put-up with it as-is to do thing with their sites otherwise not possible, but what's next? What's the best way to do this and get it in a release?

My vote is for:

A subtle drag handle/icon next to every node. A confirmation on the move if it's a reparenting otherwise on a reorder it just does it, maybe with a little highlight effect feedback...

Skip "auto expand" as you drag around to re-parent unless it's easy and isn't jumpy (auto expanding can be annoying).

* It sounds to me like the ability to turn-off these options, especially re-parenting, would be desirable. But I don't know how to approach that without talking about roles and permissions. If the target for the CMS remains to be a small team of trusted individuals then I think implementing the reparenting scheme such that it's not easy/impossible to do by mistake is good enough security.