> No user wants to hear about DRY. Users like another Ruby tenant...
> "it does what you would expect." They expect that if they're editing
> a page, they can add an image from that page. (Of course, they also
> expect WYSIWYG, and that the image will be automatically resized and
> appear in the editor...)

For another usecase showing why I want (well, need) images attached to
pages, have a look at http://www.thegroggysquirrel.com - You'll see on
the front page and image linked to each article - I can do that just
from grabbing the first image associated with that page (which in many
cases isn't actually displayed in that page, it's just that it's been
attached). The same thing can be seen at
http://www.thegroggysquirrel.com/comics - the page at /comics doesn't
need to know anything other than the fact that it has some child pages
and it can happily pull down the images associated with each of the
pages and render them.

This could probably be achieved instead by choosing one image from the
list of images for rendering (in fact, I provide an option on the page
to select an image to be associated if there are multiple images), but
it's been much more straightforward for the (not so computer savvy)
editors to simply upload their article, upload an associated image at
the same time and be done with it. Especially when I've currently got
826 attachments that would be living in that bucket to choose from -
giant buckets don't scale.

Dan.