> For example, it I were using Radiant for a product site I
> might want the
> image of the box product on the front page as well as the
> product comparison
> page and the purchase page.  Having to upload multiple copies
> of the same
> image would be both wasteful and annoying.

Using an image on multiple pages does not necessitate the uploading of
that image on each of those pages.

Using my part_attachments extension, on your main page and comparison
pages you could have:

<r:find url="/products/magic-monkey-bars">
  <r:images:first>
    <r:image transform="thumbnail"/>
  </r:images:first>
  <r:content part="summary">
</r:product>

The image is linked to the product page, and when other pages want to
talk about that product, they can delegate the image lookups to that
other page. If the images were in a giant bucket, the above would need
to be something like:

<r:image name="magic-monkey-bars">
<r:find url="/products/magic-monkey-bars">
  <r:content part="summary">
</r:find>

Speaking of DRY... I think I just repeated myself. Now, imagine that
instead of being a find for a specific product, what you were looking
for was a list of top ten products, or ten most recently added products
or some other grouping:

<r:top_ten_products:each>
  <r:image ??? how does this tag find the image for the product ??? />
  <r:content part="summary">
</r:top_ten_products:each>

Radiant provides a great mechanism for structured data - everything IS
in a global bucket that you can reference from any other page - that
bucket is providing a structure.

Dan.