What I was suggesting wasn't that Page.find_by_url be called on
every page request.... The original email was about changes to the
caching mechanism...
        My suggestion, working from your outline:
        a) check for the existance of /cache/<url>.yml
        b) check for the validity of /cache/<url>.yml
        if file exists and is valid:
        c) call the page.headers method to set the page headers
        d) send /cache/<url>.data

        else
        e) Call Page.find_by_url to find the page
        f) call the page.headers method to set the page headers
        g) call the page.render method to render the page content

There's a flaw in your logic - You can't call page.headers until after
you've called Page.find_by_url.

Dan.