I did have 0.6RC2 installed, but have upgraded the the stable version.  The
extensions (and the radiant instance) were all created after the upgrade.

This may be an obvious question but what's "instance mode" and "application
mode"?  By "application mode" do you mean that radiant is unpacked in the
vendor directory?

-Andrew