Tristan,

I would recommend something else entirely.  If your data is very
field-oriented (not lots of plain text), create an extension with a
model or set of models that more properly map to the problem, create
controllers to administer them, and then create Radius tags to output
their information into a page.

While I have created an extension that does something similar to TYPO3's
FCE (although Radiant is not a "page builder"-style CMS like TYPO3),
it's not ready for public consumption yet.  The extension essentially
allows you to define a 'template' for any given page and use the
template to constrain both the output and the structure of the UI that
is presented to the content editor.

I hate to tease all of you with these vapor-ware extensions, but I
promise I will release them in early January when I have a few days to
clean them up.

Sean