On Dec 24, 2007, at 6:40 PM, Maged Makled wrote:
> I tried that but still didn't work. Here is the question,
> even without error_messages_for , it is not supposed to go to the next
> page if I have validates_presence_of :first_name in my model, right?

It really depends on how you wrote the action in your controller.
Something like this might work:

   def create
     if request.post?
       contact = Contact.new(params[:contact])
       if contact.save
        flash[:notice] = "Contact saved successfully."
         redirect_to show_url(:id => contact)
       else
        flash[:error] = "Validation errors occurred while processing this
form. Please take a moment to review the form and correct any input
errors before continuing."
       end
     end
   end