I'm currently writing my first proper extension and am having problems
with custom views for the admin tab. I'm not using scaffold since the
extension isn't model-based.

I noticed a few things that struck me as awkward but that I could work
around, including:

- not being able to use filters in my controllers (they are ignored)

- having to place my views in /app/views/admin/(extension_name) rather
than just /app/views/admin

Something I'm not getting to work is passing locals to the view or
using references to instance variables. In all cases, I have a nil
object rather than a reference to the objects the controller sees /
instantiates.

Is this a known problem?

Regards,

  Jan