No, you'll probably have to change the search extension to accommodate
this, or write some tags of your own in a separate extension.  Although
the core of the multi_site functionality is in the extension, we also
used it to restrict controllers to specific domains and invoked the Site
model in other areas of the code.  It is also not always a trivial
matter to add a tag around some other tag to achieve the effect you want.

Anyway, I will look into what would be required to make them compatible.

Sean