Daniel Collis-puro wrote:

> Was this done via FUSE?
>
> http://redhanded.hobix.com/inspect/railsfsAfterACoupleMinutesOfToolingWithFuseWhoa.html
>
> Seems like that's the "Right" way. I've used FUSE extensively to mount
> remote filesystems via SSH and it works wonderfully.
>
> --DJCP

Highly unlikely. FUSE is a modular file system API - basically a simple
means to build your own file system without actually having to do
anything majorly complex. Although yes, what you linked to would be a
cool solution - it still lacks version control. You'd also have to make
it uber-bespoke to Radiant, and to each model in the Radiant schema,
otherwise you'll be working with YAML etc. If somebody did build a FUSE
interface for Radiant, it would be nice if each page is represented by a
folder, with files corresponding to each page part, with the extension
being the filter used. A meta file could contain the overall page
settings.

eg:

/welcome/ (path is slug)
/welcome/page.meta (YAML settings for page)
/welcome/body.textile
/welcome/extended.smartypants
/welcome/extended.html (plain/non-filtered)

and so forth...

The real goal here however, is to allow layouts and partials to exist in
the filesystem (within the 'app/view' folder structure), which
immediately allows you to use an SCM (SVN, CVS, GIT etc) either for the
whole project, or as an SVN External (or GIT/CVS equivalent). My
preference would be to allow both file system and DB based
layouts/snippets to co-exist, with file system layouts taking precedence
in case of name clashes. It'd be great to use HAML as well. I'd also
add, support for Multi-Site would be highly desired.

Jon.