Ben Still wrote:
Hi Mohit,
ok, that makes sense. I'd be happy to write something around the memcache issue, why use it, as it might be something that others might find useful. If you have any suggestions on location in the documentation, let me know.

We started using it when we built a site for Earthhour 2008 http://www.earthhour.org in Radiant, and it started getting significant traffic - peaking at ~3M a day.

We used memcahce to improve Rails session handling, and also piped the Radiant cache into memcache to serve pages directly from RAM instead of disk.

regards

Ben

Hi Ben,

If/ when you have the time, my suggestion would be this to add to "Chapter 6 - Advanced Topics" since clearly this is an advanced topic. That chapter is currently targeted as being a 'catch-all' for frequently asked seldom clearly answered questions or items that may apply to a smaller group when getting started.

3M hits a day is a lot! I wonder if it's time to do a write-up just about that :D to answer the 'will Radiant/ Rails scale to handle my record breaking site?' - If I'm not wrong, 3M is quite a bit "up there" in terms of what people would have been expected to use Radiant for. Of course, I may be wrong. What kind of deployment are you using?

In fact, I wonder what kind of hits ruby-lang gets?

Cheers,
Mohit.
8/20/2008 | 12:12 PM.