Hi Everyone

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Mohit.

Mohit Sindhwani wrote:
I'm just starting to use the comments extension and I followed the instructions that ere there in messages here and there and it works fine. (I'm going to compile it for Summer Reboot soon).

There is just one thing that comes up. Both versions (ntalbott and artofmission) make a clear note saying: Relative urls will not work on comment pages if they fail validation, since the page gets re-rendered at a (probably) different level of the hierarchy. Always use absolute urls and you won’t have any issues.

But, I find that when the form is submitted with a comment, it usually directs to a page like:
http://localhost:3300/en/my_page/comments#comment-4

On this page also, I get errors like:
undefined method `relative_url_root’ for nil:NilClass
”>Concepts

On the other hand, the main page http://localhost:3300/en/my_page/ works just fine!

[1] I'm wondering what is the recommended approach to prevent this from happening (other than relative URLs being avoided) since my pages are connected to one another using things like <r:children:each> and one of the good things with the CMS is the ability to not have to use hard coded absolute links.

[2] If I were to try to change this behaviour, where in the code should I look? For example, if I wanted to change the display of the page details and the comment together (which causes the above issue specifically) or to look for a better generic solution (though I'm not sure I'd be able to find one).

[3] Finally, I find that in the admin UI, when I click to view the comments, quite often, the HTML is all messed up for the page (e.g. the headings and fonts are larger than the regular Radiant admin UI). Any one else noticed that? I haven't investigated this enough, so I'm not yet sure why that happens.

Thanks
Mohit.