Mr Magpie wrote:
> Jeffrey Jones wrote:
>> There is an extension for the first part, running sites separately:
>>
>> http://ext.radiantcms.org/extensions/3-multi-site
>>
>> Not sure on its compatibility with radiant 0.7 nor running two separate
>> sites while sharing content.
>
> Thanks for that. Does anyone know how seperate the sites are from each
> other ?
>
> Or is it mainly useful for a single user running multiple sites ?
>
> Also, if I run each client as a seperate install of Radiant, would any
> Ruby interpreter manage memory eficiently by only keeping one copy of
> Rails and Radiant in memory ?
>
> And how hard would it be for Radiant to support multiple independant
> sites from a single install ?

I am trying to do the same thing.  I installed multi_site.  It does
provide for multiple sites, but from what I can determine does not
provide user scope.  That is each user is assigned to a site and the
user can ONLY see their pages/snippets/layouts.  So without that it
really does not do me any good to have all of my clients using one
radiant code base.