Hey guys. I wrote a vhost extension back in October that does what you're looking for... separate sites, separate admin interfaces, one install. I was holding it back because it runs something proprietary but finally my conscience wouldn't let me hold it back any more.

http://github.com/jgarber/radiant-vhost-extension

It was last updated in October of 2008, so it won't work with 0.7.0. I won't have time to update it soon, but please, fork away!

* Usernames and passwords are shared between sites (a good thing), but you choose which users have access to which sites. * You log in to example.com's admin interface by going to example.com/ admin and logging in. example2.com's admin is at example2.com/admin There is no interface to move between sites, and that's a good thing!
* Pages, layouts, and snippets are separate, not shared.
* You can have one catch-all (*) site.

TODO:
* do more of a regular expression match (like multi_site?) so that the hostname doesn't have to match exactly.
* a better way than scoping?  many other extensions are not compatible

Jason