This is a bug in the extension.
It submits comments to the_page_url/comments and sets up routes to catch that and send it to the comments controller. We'll need to make an exception for the home page and perhaps create a custom route for it.

Are you really accepting comments on your home page, or are you accepting comments on content listed on the homepage but actually saved in another location? It's possible that you might need to alter your radius code if that is the case.