On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 6:17 AM, john muhl <johnm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> it depends on how what sort of database you're using. if it's sqlite
> you can simply zip up the entire radiant project and call that a
> backup. if it's mysql or something else you can use that db's
> dump/import tools plus a zip file of the radiant project to create a
> backup. version control also works well for rolling back the project
> directory (and database if you're using sqlite).
>
> 2009/9/7 María Paula Mariani <paulamari...@gmail.com>:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I'd like to know which is the best way to freeze or to make a backup
> > of my project made in Radiant. I'd like to try some extensions and I'd
> > like to have a backup just in case something goes wrong.
> >
> > How is the best way to restore the project and database (from a backup)?
> >
> > Thanks very much!
> >
> > --
> > Paula

Hi! Thanks very much for your help. I wonder if  rake db:schema:dump
would help to make a mysql backup.  I think it just works for
deployment.  I wonder if there is some explanation about backups
between the documentation, I couldn't find any at least at GIT
repository.

I've also found this resource:
http://blog.radixhound.com/2008/4/28/backing-up-radiant-cms-using-sqlite3
 but I don't know if it will work for a mysql database.

Considering this, I've made a .tar.gz of my whole radiant directory,
including /config. I would like to make that db:dump (which is the
correct command?) to create the db backup but I don't know which
command is it and which is the name of the database radiant is
creating per default when we create a project.

Your help will be truly appreciated!

Thanks very much,
Paula

--