On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 7:34 PM, D.Kreft <d...@kreft.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Jim Gay <j...@saturnflyer.com> wrote:
>>
>> It makes things simpler. By bundling rails, we build and test against
>> that version and it prevents people from changing things and reporting
>> errors for versions that were not taken into account with the code.
>
> I don't get it. Why not just require a specific version of rails and enforce
> version requirements via code?
>
> -dan

I think my original reply explains it pretty well. Radiant has been
bundling Rails since the beginning. Have you had a problem with the
bundled version of rails?
If so, have you tried my other suggestions?

> But you can freeze radiant and remove or upgrade the bundled rails, or
> you can build your own radiant gem to run locally.

Or how would you propose we enforce version requirements via code?

--
Jim Gay
Saturn Flyer LLC