I started to wonder if this was related to the chronicle extension
after I grep'ed for various of the 404-causing files and found
references to these files:

./vendor/extensions/chronicle/app/views/admin/snippets/index.html.haml
./vendor/extensions/chronicle/public/javascripts/admin/chronicle.js
./vendor/extensions/chronicle/public/javascripts/admin/HelpBalloon.js
./vendor/extensions/chronicle/app/helpers/admin/timeline_helper.rb

Then I saw Will's response. So, although I do like the chronicle
extension, is the solution to remove it (at least for now, until it is
updated)? And, if so, I can't find documentation anywhere on how to do
that. (I have removed extensions from redmine by just deleting their
directories, but this is not best practice I'm sure.)