We are in the process of evaluating a billing system for our office.  We currently have about 2000 dial-up customers and are transitioning from Livingston Radius to Radiator.  Our current billing system is QuickBooks Pro and it is really a pain.  Any comments on Rodopi?  Platypus?  Emerald?  Do any of them build the server with all the software preinstalled and configured?  We need something that won't take much of our time to configure.

Leigh
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 1999 11:30 AM
Subject: (RADIATOR) SQL with failover to flat file

Hi all,

I am using v2.13 with a modified AuthPLATYPUS going against MSSQL 6.5.  I would like to set radiator up to try authenticating from AuthPLATYPUS and if the SQL server is down then attempt authenticating from a flat users file, this would allow my remote radius servers to authenticate if there was an sql server failure or a leased-line was down.  Is this possible and would there be a delay on each auth if the sql server were down or would it get marked as down until it came back up?

Thanks,

Kevin
Sofnet, Inc.