From: Malbanet [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 06/07/99 20:40
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: (RADIATOR) Radiator as a NT Service

Hello;

Well I made some minor adjustments following the reply below (one of the
things I did was copy the folder "Radius" from c:\radiator\ to c:\perl\lib &
c:\perl\site\lib ->> after I did that executing the command line that's in
the register from the prompt "c:\>" worked). The Service starts OK , but now
there's another problem. When I run the command line c:\>
c:\perl\bin\perl.exe c:\radiator\radiusd -config_file c:\radiator\maxnt.cfg
and test Radiator with c:\radiator> perl radpwtst -s localhost -user
username -password password - Radiator works perfect. But when I start
Radiator as a system service ( NET START RADIATOR ) and do the same test,
this is what happens:

C:\Radiator>PERL RADPWTST -s localhost -user username -password password
sending Access-Request...
Rejected
sending Accounting-Request Start...
OK
sending Accounting-Request Stop...
OK

#####################################
Bellow is my config file:

Foreground
LogStdout
Trace             5
AuthPort         1645
AcctPort         1646
LogDir            C:\radiator\malbanet\log
LogFile           %D\%Y%m%d.log
DbDir             C:\radiator
DictionaryFile  %D\dictionary.nt

# You will probably want to change this to suit your site.

<Client localhost>

 Secret  mysecret
 DupInterval 0

</Client>

<Client XXX.YYY.ZZZ.xxx>

 Secret  mysecret
 DupInterval 0

</Client>

<Client XXX.YYY.ZZZ.xxx>

 Secret  mysecret
 DupInterval 0

</Client>

<Client XXX.YYY.ZZZ.xxx>

 Secret  mysecret
 DupInterval 0

</Client>

<Realm DEFAULT>

# Limit all users in this realm to max of 1 session
 MaxSessions     1

 <AuthBy NT>
 Identifier NTSystem
# Domain  MYDOMAIN.COM.BR
# DomainController HOSTNAME
# DefaultReply Service-Type=Framed-User,Framed-Protocol=PPP
 </AuthBy>

# Log all accounting into daily log files in LogDir
 AcctLogFileName %L\%Y%m%d.act

# Accounting log file format -> only the following items are logged
# AcctLogFileFormat %{User-Name}, %{Acct-Status-Type}, %{Acct-Session-Time},
%{Timestamp},

</Realm>

#####################################

#####################################
Bellow is the log entrance where the error appears, looks like radiator
can't find the network path:

Tue Jul  6 15:07:20 1999: DEBUG: Handling request with Handler
'Realm=DEFAULT'
Tue Jul  6 15:07:20 1999: DEBUG: Handling with NT
Tue Jul  6 15:07:24 1999: INFO: Access rejected for mike: NT CheckPassword
failed: 53: The network path was not found.

Any help is thankful....

Best Regards
Michael Gatti
Malbanet Servicos Online