Well I can't say that I have used anything but what I am about to mention
but I have found our Ascend Max4000(with 42 modems and some ISDN) and
Max2000(28 modems and some ISDN also)

They have been nothing but stable over the past year and more importantly
the support from Aus Ascend has been great. There are a lot of people who
will poo poo the Ascend gear but as a RAS they are great, I think you will
find most problems occur when you start pushing them to do OPSF and other
fancy stuff on top of the dial ins and ISDN, but that's why we just spent
+$10K on a Cisco.

BTW anyone know of a good Cisco mailling list?

Ray