On Nov 24,  9:46am, tom minchin wrote:
> Subject: Re: (RADIATOR) 56k ISDN Restrictions...
> On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 05:21:06PM -0500, Kelly Hamlin wrote:
> > According to Boardtown (Platypus) if the attributres live within Radiatior
> > you can use them with the account types that live within RadiusNT setup...
> > just what i heard, i think this would be great! Im sure other are having
> > this situation..
> >

> Looking at the AuthPLATYPUS module it doesn't appear (out of the box) to
> use the account type columns.
>
>     my $q = "select password, active, timeleft, blockuser, guarantor
>              $self->{AuthSelect} from customer where username='$name'";
>
> If you were brave you could modify the select so that that required
> the account type to match the NAS-Port-Type (or whatever your NAS
> sends).

Yes, it is quite easy to add additional columns to the select that AuthPLATYPUS
uses. Any string you put into AuthSelect for AuthPLATYPUS will be appended to
the select query. You can then use AuthColumnDef to turn the extra columns that
come back from the select into check items of any kind.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.