On Wed, Dec 15, 1999 at 09:06:41PM +0700, Yang Tercepat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are having a problem when we using Portmaster because many
> duplicated accounting was send and send again. For example
> there is accounting request (start and stop) sending for more
> than 3 hours duplicated!
>
> Can we fix that duplicate accounting request dirrectly from
> Portmaster, or we can set using DupInterval parameter? I have
> try to trace using debug level 5 for this duplicated, and we
> don't see 'time' parameter value to set on DupInterval. The
> last Acct-Delay-Time was 11788 and could be higher or lower
> than that.
>
> Question 2, how can be the router send that duplicated request,
> since the network traffic is not too busy. Or could it be the
> dictionary is not right? We are having many router type using
> radius, so we choose global dictionary.

Sounds like accounting packets aren't being accepted (do you have specific
Handlers, but no Handler to catch all remaining packets? - for example,
you are probably generating these from telneting in to the PM).

I made a Handler that look like:

<Handler>
        <AuthBy FILE>
                Filename /etc/raddb/radiator/admin-users
        </AuthBy>
        AcctLogFileName /etc/raddb/radiator/radacct/detail-MISC-%m-%Y
</Handler>

Radiator can only detect duplicate packets based on their MD5 checksum, so
when the Acct-Delay-Time changes so does the checksum, thus it can't detect
resent packets as duplicates. It does the same thing with Cisco's.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]