Hello Erik -

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Erik Meitner wrote:
> Is is possible in PostAuthHook in a Realm clause to look at the contents
> of the check-items that are used in an AuthBy FILE clause?
> Here is what I'm trying to do:
>    I have some Ascend MAX's that do not support any radius attribute to hang
> up a user at a specified time.  If a user has a restriced login window of
> 6am-6pm(Time=Al06001800), i would like to force a logoff at 6pm.  In order
> to enforce this, I need to set the Ascend-Maxumum-Call-Duration. To do this,
> I need a hook to compute that value based on the Time check-item and the
> time of login and set this in the reply packet.

It would be much simpler to use the Session-Timeout = "until 1800" reply item.

This is available in a patch to Radiator 2.14.1:

28/9/99 New version of AuthGeneric supports a new format for Session-Timeout
reply items:.
If you have for example:
        Session-Timeout="until 1800"
Then the Session-Timeout in the reply will be calculated as the number
of seconds up until the time of day specified
Download a new AuthGeneric.pm from here.

Then in your PostAuthHook simply duplicate the Session-Timeout as
Ascend-Maximum-Time-Duration. (Although I am surprised that Session-Timeout
does not work).

hth