At 13.06 23/12/99 +1100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Erik Meitner wrote:
>
>> Is is possible in PostAuthHook in a Realm clause to look at the contents
>> of the check-items that are used in an AuthBy FILE clause?
>
>It would be much simpler to use the Session-Timeout = "until 1800" reply item.
>This is available in a patch to Radiator 2.14.1:

Hi all !

I'm working in a PostAuthHook for assigning IP addresses to the users from a limited
pool. I'm trying with a PostAuthHook in an external file, but I'm unable to access the
different parameters sent in the request and reply packets.

I use the RADONLINE database in MySQL for tracking the users connected. The
PostAuthHook will assignt he first IP Address not used from the pool to the user
(pseudo-code follows):

  if (authentication_is_ok()) {
    if (resultpacket_doesn't_contain_a_fixed_IP_Address) {
      iplist=obtain_list_of_current_IP_Addresses();
      for( ip=begin_of_pool; ip<end_of_pool; ip++) {
        if not_in_use(ip, list) {
          ad_to_reply_packet(ip);
          exit for;
        }
      }
    }
  }

How can I obtain all the data I need ? (All the attributes of the request, the list of
connected users, etc...) I suppose that there should be several functions for doing
this in the source code of the radiator, so I don't to re-invent the wheel...

I only use the MySQL because I need to obtain a list of connected users. If I stop
using the MySQL is still possible to get access to the on-line-users (RADONLINE) list ?

Regards,

Antonio Navarro Navarro
BemarNet Management
[EMAIL PROTECTED]