Hello Arturo -

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Arturo Pina wrote:

> > I see. Unfortunately, I don't see any way that you can avoid the
> > two Accounting-Accept's. I've copied Mike on this so he can  offer
> > his opinion, but it looks to me like this is the way it is.
>
> Hi Hugh,
> So what should happen if we had the Acct Radius Server (Acct) answers
> suppressed or we filtered them so that Radiator couldn't see them.
> Would it have any effect on Radiator's performance? (This is a very
> important issue)
> Would Radiator keep waiting for it or writing lots of warnings to the
> logfile?

Because the radius protocol specifies a retransmission policy (due to UDP), if
Radiator does not see a response to a Request that it has sent, it will
continue to resend the packet until it receives a reply or until it has sent
the maximum number of retries defined in the configuration file. I don't think
putting filters in place is the right course of action.

Perhaps you could tell me what the problem is? Why are multiple responses a
problem - there may be another way to deal with it.

regards