Hello Dave -

On Sat, 19 Feb 2000, Dave Kitabjian wrote:
> Here's a logfile clip:
>
> Fri Feb 18 11:38:25 2000: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthCDB
> Fri Feb 18 11:38:25 2000: DEBUG: Radius::AuthCDB looks for match with
> daveppp
> Fri Feb 18 11:38:25 2000: DEBUG: Radius::AuthCDB REJECT: Bad Password
> Fri Feb 18 11:38:25 2000: INFO: Access rejected for daveppp: Bad Password
>
> The problem, however, is not that the password is wrong from daveppp, but
> rather that I set the *secret* for that NAS to a bogus value. Yes, I tested
> all the other combinations to control the experiment; it works fine when
> you fix the secret.

The password encryption is done using the shared secret - that is why you see
an error when the shared secret is wrong.

> Is this an error in exception handling, or is that just the way Radiator
> lumps errors together? (Could it be related to the Bad Authenticator
> warning I'm getting on that NAS? That warning, however, doesn't normally
> reject access).

Radiator is just telling you what it can - it has no way of knowing whether the
shared secret is right or wrong. And this will certainly cause the Bad
Authenticator that you see on the NAS.

regards