Hello Dave -

On Thu, 09 Mar 2000, Dave Kitabjian wrote:
> I thought this would be a FAQ, but I can't seem to find it addressed
> anywhere.
>
> The subject says it all. I'm using AuthBy=CDB, and I want to simply allow
> case-errors in the username (not the password) to be permitted. We are
> about to switch it live, and since our current radius, RadiusNT, is
> case-insensitive for the username, I'm afraid I will anger lots of
> customers when I switch over to Radiator.
>
> I assumed there would be a common AuthBy setting such as IgnoreUsernameCase
> and IgnorePasswordCase, but I didn't see any.

This is one of the standard RewiteUsername actions:

# Translate all upper case to lower case

RewriteUsername tr/A-Z/a-z/

# Translate all lower case to upper case

RewriteUsername tr/a-z/A-Z/

It is described in the reference manual in section 6.3.19 in the Radiator 2.15
distribution. You can use it globally, by Client or by Handler or Realm.

hth