Hello Mike -

On Thu, 09 Mar 2000, Mike Nerone wrote:
> Well, for the purpose of this issue, we have to assume that for one reason
> or another a duplicate packet did, in fact, arrive at Radiator's accounting
> port. That's the only way this concern even comes into play. After all, why
> build duplicate packet detection into Radiator unless it can detect
> duplicate packets.
>
> I really suspect I'm misunderstanding something here, so please explain it
> to me, because what I'm hearing is this scenario:

In this discussion, duplicate packet means exactly that - a packet that for
some reason or other was duplicated within the network infrastructure. This can
sometimes happen with queues on heavily loaded links, or multiple transmission
paths when links go up and down (or flap).

Duplicate *does not* mean a retransmission from a NAS after a timeout period
has elapsed (and the Acct-Delay-Time has changed), hence the difficulty.

hth