Hi everyone,

We need a radius solution in our company and I've tested the Radiator
for a while on a Linux server. It runs well and seem to be configurable
in many ways so we have decided to use it.
The staff who are going to run those servers don't think they know
enough about Linux though, so they want to run it on either NT or
Solaris.
Later on we hope to have ten thousands and more connects and we are
planning to cluster those servers.  They are going to authorize and log
sessions on a clustered Oracle database.
So, what do you think about the performance issue.
How big is the difference in performance between Linux and NT on the
same hardware.
How big difference between NT and Sun Solaris on similar cost hardware?
Where is the bottleneck? Memory / CPU?

Hope you guys with experience of this kind of systems will answer...
I know Linux is the best price / performance, but I don't have time to
run and support those servers myself.
If you think Linux is outstanding, I can maybe push those guys to learn
it.

thanks,
    Roland

--
Roland Axelsson                 Phone: +46 (0)920 43 76 49
Teracom AB                      Fax: +46 (0)920 43 76 66