Evening,

I've got 99% of everything coverted over to use SQL, logging, sessions, and
tested with a few users
as auth-type. However currently I am using Auth-Type = System for unix
password authentication, due
to the way we're setup. I need to block users who belong to a certain unix
group. (only concerned with Primary Group)

This is working fine. However id like to totally switch to SQL. All my users
are in my SQL database, and I added
a field, UNIXGROUP, which holds the unix group for that user.

>From what I can tell, the way to do this will be a GlobalVar to hold the
currently being processed users group:
  GlobalVar UnixGroup 9002
 and then use a PreHandlerHook, to make an SQL query,
SELECT UNIXGROUP FROM SUBSCRIBERS WHERE USERNAME = ' %n';
and store the return in the global %{UnixGroup} variable.

Then, to actually use the group id have
  <HANDLER UnixGroup=9002>
    ..
  </Handler>

Is this the correct way to do this, right hook spot and right way to utilize
it in a hanlder?
Any Perl whizzes (Perl Whiz Im not :P ), that know what code would work in a
sub to run that query and
stuff the results in that variable, using Radiators hook system?