Hello Lachlan -

> I was wondering if anyone may be able to help here.
>
> I want to use "AuthColumnDef" option with "AuthSelect" in "AuthBy SQL".
>
> My problem is with reply items. Some users need more reply items than
> others.
>
> For example, our permanent modem customers get given a single fixed IP
> address of their own, where our standard dial-up customers do not, and the
> NAS server assigns them one from it's own IP range.
>
> So, we have a field in our database call "IPADDRESS" and every customer has
> this field. Normally, the customer does not have an IP, and their field is
> NULL, however those with fixed IP's will have a value in this field.
>
> How can we tell radiator to send the reply item ONLY if the field is not
> null, and ignore it otherwise? Sending the reply item with no value just
> causes a dialup error.
>
> We have several other options like this that we have to use.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

I would suggest you use an SQL field like "REPLYATTR" in which you put all
for the reply items for each user in the form:

        "Framed-IP-Address=x.x.x.x, Framed-IP-Netmask=y.y.y.y, ....."

and use the following AuthAttrDef:

        AuthColumnDef n, GENERIC, reply

Where "n" is the position descriptor for the AuthSelect.

Have a look at section 6.26.7 in the Radiator 2.17.1 reference manual.

hth

-