Chris M wrote:

> >> The only problem I forsee is, how do I make the SessionDatabase
> >> high-availability? In other words, is there a way to replicate
> >> the DB INSERTs and DELETEs so that auth or acct radiator
> >> processes talking to MySQL can have entries simultaneously
> >> made in SessionDatabases on two different machines?  Since
> >> MySQL doesn't have any replication features built in, how do
> >> people accomplish this syncing?
> >>

> > The simplest thing to do is just use a single SQL host, but use a
> > high-availability multi-processor machine with hot-swap RAID disks. This is
> > usually *much* easier to do than trying to replicate databases.
> >
> > hth
> >
> > Hugh
>
> I certainly agree and do this, however, there is always going to be the need
> to reboot the machine.  Linux and other Unices still require reboots once a
> month.

Ummm, why? I've got Linux systems that go a year or more without
rebooting, and without trouble. Are you experiencing memory leaks in
yours that're causing troubles? The ONLY reason I ever reboot my
production servers is if I need to move them to a new UPS, or (rarely)
to update the kernel for one reason or another.