Hi Andy -

At 10:31 +0200 01/3/27, Andy De Petter wrote:
>Hi guys,
>
>I was just wondering, whether someone knows, whether you can have some kinds
>of "aliases", in your dictionary?  For example, if you'ld want to support:
>
>ATTRIBUTE      attname1                999     ipaddr
>
>BUT you'ld also want another attribute, to point to the same one:
>
>ATTRIBUTE      attname2                999     ipaddr
>
>In the end, you'ld turn up like:
>
>ATTRIBUTE      attname1                999     ipaddr
>ATTRIBUTE      attname2                999     ipaddr
>
>in your dictionary.  Would the dictionary still be valid, and will Radiator
>support this?

Yes you can do this, however you need to keep in mind how the
dictionary is used. Basically there are two tables built in memory
inside Radiator, one is for translating attribute names to the
numeric equivalent and the other is to translate from the numeric
representation to the attribute name. The dictionary file is parsed
sequentially from start to finish, with any later definition
replacing the previous definition for any identical attribute name or
value.

This being the case, you can use one or the other or both attribute
names in your configuration file and user definitions, however only
the last definition will be used for the decoding of the numeric
attribute representations in the inbound packets.

hth

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our correspondence.