De: Andy De Petter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Enviado el: martes 17 de abril de 2001 12:34
Para: Radiator Mailing
Asunto: (RADIATOR) performance issue

Hello,

I'm having a bit of a problem with the session database, on Radiator 2.17.1.
I have 2 radius servers running, sharing a remote SQL database for all
active sessions.  The authentication of clients, also happens through remote
SQL databases, on different machines than the session db.

Now, when the session database is enabled, I have a very high amount of UDP
packets (mostly accounting) dropped, between the access servers, and the
radius servers.  When disabling it, nearly no packets are dropped.   The
session database, runs on a high-end Sun Enterprise server, with plenty of
CPU and memory, and is dedicated to the session db (MySQL).  The load on the
session db server, is nearly nothing, and the SQL server isn't showing any
performance problems.  Also the load on the radius servers, isn't rising,
after enabling the session db.

At first sight, this doesn't really seem to be a network problem, as there
is a direct dedicated line, between access servers, and radius servers.

Something, that might be interesting aswell, is that the incoming/outgoing
traffic multiplies by 5, when enabling the session database, and outgoing
traffic is nearly half of incoming traffic.... while without the session
database, in/outgoing traffic is approx. equal to eachother.

I know this might sound a bit confusing, and might require you to read the
problem a few times, before understanding it .. but it's really odd, and at
the moment, I can't afford to enable the session db, due to the packetloss
between access servers and radius servers in that case :-/

-Andy

--
"For nothing can seem foul to those that win."
          - Henry IV, Pt1, Act 5, Sc 1

*** DISCLAIMER ***
This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information, which
is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights and
are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above. Any use
of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to,
total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any
form) by persons other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited.
either by telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any
computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Noticia legal
Este mensaje electrónico contiene información de BT Telecomunicaciones S.A.
que es privada y confidencial, siendo para el uso exclusivo de la persona
(s) o entidades arriba mencionadas. Si usted no es el destinatario señalado,
le informamos que cualquier divulgación, copia, distribución o uso de los
contenidos está prohibida. Si usted ha recibido este mensaje por error, por
favor borre su contenido y comuníquenoslo en la dirección [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gracias.