Hello Mary Grace -

On Sunday, Jul 20, 2003, at 10:59 Australia/Melbourne, Mary Grace wrote:

PS- I must give Hugh credit for having answered back two months ago with a series of instructions about how to do a MySQL conversion, but the following were unable to be accomplished:

hugh: 3. build the SQL tables for MySQL using the script "goodies/mysqlCreate.sql"

MG: HOW?

mysql < goodies/mysqlCreate.sql

hugh: 4. import the user definitions from the flat file using the Radiator "buildsql" utility

couldn't get it to do it in such a way that the MySQL showed it in existence :-(

See section 10 in the Radiator 3.6 reference manual ("doc/ref.html").

Gosh, thanks to Hugh, but still, is there ANY FAQ that is truly "step-by-step" to the next level of detail???

Check the mailing list archive:

www.open.com.au/archives/radiator

regards

Hugh

Thanks again, shamefacedly.....

Sr. Mary Grace

Hi Hugh Irvine and all you folks who know LOTS more than we idiots over here :-)

We have been running Radiator for years on a flat file users list.

Recently, we have been asked to move to a SQL auth database. However, I personally know only enough about SQL to be an idiot and not truly "Clued".

I tried to run the goodies script msql.SQL using our local MS SQL Serve 2000 database.

I am so brain-dead and neophyte that I could not figure out how to get the script to create a working MS SQL database-based users file so that it would work with Radiator 3.6. We have never had a problem with the flat-file method, but I am in search of a true entry-level FAQ and set of instructions no how to migrate to SQL - for DUMMIES like me :-)

Can ANYONE please point me to an FAQ which will give me step-by-step to create and support a MS SQL (or even a MySQL on a Win 2K box) Radiator installation? I couldn't even get SQL Profiler to work to properly ruin the mssql.sql script provide in goodies.

Sorry for the truly non-clued request.................. :-(

Sr. Mary Grace

NB: have you included a copy of your configuration file (no secrets), together with a trace 4 debug showing what is happening?

-