iPhone;456693 Wrote:
> Bandwidth limitation are not my problem nor Logitech's for that matter.
> And most people that listen to FM will already have an FM tuner. And if
> its that important to them, I believe that one can add an FM Tuner Card
> to ones PC and use the proper plugin to have FM radio sent to any player
> on the Network?

However, someone who buys a self-contained SB-Boom or SB-Radio and who
listens to radio (internet or regular) may well be the ones who would
not want a PC running all of the time. A mode of operation further
endorsed by the Touch ability to play music from local SD/USB device.

> Problem solved without adding the cost of a Tuner to the players I buy!

No problem - make a new model and call it the SB Radio+ and don't buy
it yourself.

> Once I had the ability to listen to "My Music" all day without changing
> a CD, I no longer needed the commercials and crap the radio stations
> push all day anyway.

Ah - so perhaps we need more input from those that do use a radio.
Maybe it is a UK (or even Europe) thing but we have stations that do
not play many adverts. You have PRS stations in USA with very few
adverts.

As a reminder:
Line-in solution.
Boom and Radio have the facility - but control limited (tuning, volume,
on/off).
No relay around the house to other SB devices

Sonos has line-in facility - with relay around the house to multiple
players (same issue with control of the radio)

Roku:
Soundbridge Radio (FM and AM along with regular facilities)

Reciva powered devices:
Many brands with FM (in addition to streaming) including
Tangent (I have one), Lenco, DNT, Revo, Roberts, Sangean, Sanyo,
Sonoro, Tevion

Frontier-Silicon / vTuner powered devices:
Many brands with FM (in addition to streaming) including
Denon, Grace, Pure, Revo, Roberts, Teac, Tivoli

Plus Philips and Sony

There are probably others that I have forgotten.

Now - if the USB input of Touch could take a USB radio (such as Griffin
RadioShark or AVerMedia USB Radio) and control it - and even better ...
could make the available to other SB devices as an audio source then
there is a good solution. Such an approach is now discussed elsewhere in
this forum.
It would require Touch (more expensive that Radio) and a 3rd-party
device (perhaps 30 - 50 USD) but it could be a way to test the market if
Logitech Stream Media do not believe that there is sufficient demand
(they could ask Logitech non-streaming folks how their devices with FM
are selling and if the radio part is used by the iPod dock generation)

--
Paul Webster

Paul Webster
http://dabdig.blogspot.com