peterw wrote:
> "HD" in HD Radio does NOT stand for High Definition, it stands for
> Hybrid Digital. I expect they shortened the phrase so that people who
> care about quality would take them seriously.

I believe that they used the term HD radio on purpose to make people
associate it with HD TV. Its not at all the same. Its about stuffing
more channels of Music/ad streams into fixed bandwidth.

I expect HD radio to be far less successful than XM and Sirius were, and
by all measures, even the combined XM+Sirius is a failure.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/