bpa;460894 Wrote:
> Yes.  Most of the common formats are supported.  The most common problem
> type is "mms".
>
> mms is a Microsoft format for WMA.  Stations have a choice of
> supporting mms and/or http as the transport protocol. A few have opted
> for just mms and mms is not supported by SB players using Squeezenetwork
> (the mms will work using a PC). MMS URLs are now deprecated by Microsoft
> for a few years but some stations are loath to change old but working
> systems.  MMS is not supported by Windows Media Player 11.
>
> The new players have more processing power ans capacity which means
> they have the potential to support more protocols/audio formats natively
> (i.e. can be played without a PC).  The older players (e.g SB3) memory
> is full and so will not support more formats natively.

Hello to all,
I just ordered a Squeezebox "classic" (not yet received...), and I am
afraid now as I understand that mms radios are not supported by this
equipment ! In fact, I am French, and most of French popular radios
(that I want to listen in another European country) are streamed using
mms protocol... Some of them have recently switched from http to mms,
and I suppose they are not going to change again in the coming period !
Is there a solution for me, or shall I return my Squeezebox back to the
supplier and consider buying a competitor product supporting mms radios
?

Thank you for your help and advices.

Dangze

--