Although I like the SBR it seems it does not work properly
for me. I have the feeling that this thing was released a
little before it was ready.

Here is my setup. I have a home network with a desktop (call it X)
computer running gentoo linux as my router, dhcp server
etc. Plus several computers on the network (linux, macs,
windows).

The SBR has no trouble seeing the libraries of all the
computers on the network except for X. When I go to X's
squeezebox server settings page I get the "Your player has
not been found" message and in the information tab it reports
zero players found.

But on the main page of squeezebox server the squeezebox radio
appears in the drop down list of players under "choose player"
but I cannot actually choose it (nothing happens at all).

The strangest thing of all is that last night it was working
perfectly with computer X !!??

I turned off the SBR and moved it and since then I am having
the problems described above. Actually, it was worse than that.
To get the SBR to connect to ANY squeezebox server in the network
I had to restore factory settings. (Does that happen every time
you unplug it?)

Any advice would be appreciated.

--
albright