sander;500186 Wrote:
> To me it boils down to the fact that as good as the underlying
> technology is, the overall worth of the Squeeze tech is tied to the
> plugins and support of third party developers. All of the cool new
> devices that have come out since the SB3 have all had major oversights
> which should have been addressed.

I don't see what that has to do with a backlit LCD display vs a VFD
display which is what ModelCitizen was citing.

Unfortunately LCD's need a backlight to work in most cases... certainly
in a dark room, but that is by nature going to leak -some- light.  It's
the nature of the technology and has nothing to do with 3rd party
developers.

Considering VFD's are expensive and getting very hard to find, while
LCD's are getting cheaper and cheaper and easy to find, I don't see a
real 'solution' for customers.  Like most things in life it's a
compromise... my nice LCD TV is very pretty until 4:3 stuff runs and the
'black bars' on the side are not black at all, but a very dark grey.

--
snarlydwarf