kmr;500240 Wrote:
> YMMV.  My Radio is about 3 feet from my face when I'm in bed, and its
> time display is significantly larger than the Sony CD clock radio it
> replaced.  My only gripe is that the auto-dim gets a little too dim.
> And I think you're dismissing the battery option way too lightly.  The
> Radio is way too nifty a device to be relegated to use as merely a fancy
> alarm clock; the battery will liberate it from the bedside, giving it
> instant drag-it-around-the-house portability and enabling us to enjoy it
> throughout the day.

The standard digital clock is very readable and has bigger numbers then
the usual 7 segment LED.  I think it's pretty readable, and my eyesight
is poor.  The analog clock, however, could be made less "fancy" and more
bold (with option of a second hand!)  The autodim is indeed slightly too
dim; it would be nice to have a minimum brightness option.

I think the lack of backlit buttons is the Radios major "flaw" but I
cannot speak for the alarm functionality or software problems as I've
not yet encountered any, other then the issue with cross-fade.

Agree with what someone said about Facebook - it's blatant nonsense to
appeal to the masses.  You can't really blame em for that tho.  I just
ignore it.

Lawrence

--
Aslak3