jdoering;500939 Wrote:
> Editing the /etc/hosts file on the radio itself (I haven't check if
> that's viable)
I like your idea. It is possible to edit the file via SSH access.

Code:
--------------------
    login as: root
  r...@nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn's password:

  This network device is for authorized use only. Unauthorized or improper use
  of this system may result in you hearing very bad music. If you do not consent
  to these terms, LOG OFF IMMEDIATELY.

  Ha, only joking. Now you have logged in feel free to change your root password
  using the 'passwd' command. You can safely modify any of the files on this
  system. A factory reset (press and hold add on power on) will remove all your
  modifications and revert to the installed firmware.

  Enjoy!
  # cd /etc
  # more hosts
  127.0.0.1 localhost

  # vi hosts
--------------------

I will try this when then Frankfurt datacenter gets overloaded again.

We could start a list of known mysqueezebox.com servers, for
reference.

Code:

  66.151.159.227   San Jose, USA
  89.202.121.131   Frankfurt, Germany