msigk;500957 Wrote:
> Hi again,
> After explaining the network situation ( My old eMac & the SB Radio )
> to the guy at Best Buy, he did some online research for me and found out
> that my ancient eMac is not wireless enabled. The Squeezebox radio won't
> work with my computer. So purchasing a router with 4 ethernet ports
> won't help either.
> It's a shame. I was really looking forward to listening to the radio.
> Anyway, thanks for your help guys. I'll return the stuff to BB
> tomorrow.
> Have a great new year!   Michael K.

Incorrect info from the BB guys - you do not need to have your PC
wireless enabled, just get a router (Linksys for instance) that has
wireless capability.  You then take your internet feed cable into the
router and a network cable from the router out to the PC.  The PC then
sees the internet via wires and the SB Radio sees the network via
wireless.

davep

--
davep